Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

41. Re: NOLF2 Mar 10, 2003, 23:09 pancreas

While I didn't play Hitman 1, I thought the move the diversify the gameplay in Hitman 2 was half-heartedly executed. There was little reward to either going super-stealthy or guns-blazing (At least in IGI2 the maps hinted at the appropriate playstyle.) All you get is this inconsequential rating and a few unlockable weapons of questionable usefullness. IMO, at the end of each mission they should have given you a weapon suited to your playing style.

I didn't like Thief 2 as I did 1, primarily because of the story. It lacked the certain philosophical underpinnings (Clarity of Light versus the Imaginativeness of Dark) I enjoyed reflecting about in the first and had barely any more depth than a typical save-the-world-from-a-madman-and-his-doomsday-weapon movie. The ending was also a dissapointment since it had none of the finesse, suave and the foreboding sequel tie-in part of the original. I also missed the scared-as-shit moments I had in 1 (The ghosts were utterly badass), since your mostly human opponents in 2 were generally easier to defeat.

I like many have high hopes for DX2, particularly regarding the fact that they intend to completely pull-off the simulation aspect of gameplay. I didn't like the way some of the levels in 1 could only be finished using a fixed, definite set of options. Let's see if we truly can defy typical character achetypes this time around.

"Nothing livens up a robotic hymn of doom more than an amazing pair of jugs." - Brak

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo