Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

96. Re: Ubisoft: Play Assassin's Creed 3 PC With A Controller Mar 29, 2012, 14:07 Verno

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Mar 29, 2012, 12:24:
My point is that you should use the best input devices available to you. For racing games that is a racing wheel, followed by a controller and lastly KB+M. For platformers like Tomb Raider I find controllers the best. For first persons I've found nothing even comes close to KB+M. PC gaming is about flexibility and confining yourself to just KB+M is neglecting the best aspect of PC gaming - flexibility.

Not really, people should use what they are most comfortable with as personal preference is the most important metric for using an input device. "The best" is too subjective and its basically trying to force personal choices on others. Some people have grown up playing FPS games on gamepads and as much as I abhor the idea I get where that comes from even if I recognize that a mouse is probably more efficient. It doesn't mean people can't become more comfortable with other devices but some people just can't "switch" when they become used to a certain pattern. The whole point is that this is the platform where those people are welcomed, not mocked or marginalized.

If someone wants to bind movement to mouse 4 and play racing games using their feet on the keyboard then I think they're weird but more power to them. I don't expect designers to tailor the game to them either but there is a pretty basic set of tools most PC games need - adjustable visual settings, adjustable input settings and so on. Most of it is very basic stuff to implement and a lot of the code can be ported over from game to game.

This comment was edited on Mar 29, 2012, 14:15.

Playing: Divinity Original Sin, Destiny, Fire Emblem
Watching: Continuum, Star Trek TNG, Haunt

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo