Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

12. Re: Another Mass Effect 3 Bounty Weekend Mar 28, 2012, 23:34 Asmo

The Half Elf wrote on Mar 28, 2012, 23:19
uestion, what does it mean "Promote 2 Characters"? Promote at least two characters to your single player campaign? I'm lost. [/quote:

Heh, it's a godawful system.

You 'promote' them when you hit 20, they disappear from your roster of MP characters and you gain a few points towards your readiness in your SP game. Then you can grind the same toon (with a new name of course) from lvl 1 to 20 again.

Every time you promote a toon, you get a small bump in your N7 multiplayer rating. There are 6 classes iirc (soldier/sentinal/adept/engie/infiltrator/vanguard) with a max level of 20 meaning the highest your N7 rating can possibly be is 120 (6 maxed 20's). So when you see nuts running around with 200-300 N7 rating, these people have ground out characters and promoted them like nuts.

Of course, all the benefits of long term play (more unlocks, better weapons, non human characters) exist and clearing a 20 means that every time you get the same character unlocked, you don't waste all that XP, but still, way to create a hamster wheel. I play the MP mode because it's fun but I couldn't be f#cked buffing my already over the top SP readiness score...

edit: I have no idea what happened to the formatting, looks right in the edit pane... = \

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo