Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

12. Re: Mistborn Announced Mar 28, 2012, 18:08 Slashman

Necrophob wrote on Mar 28, 2012, 17:53:
I started reading the Wheel series back in '98 or so, got to book 8, and lost interest. I've picked them up again on my Kindle and am slogging through. The guy knew how to stretch out events that should have taken a few chapters, into multiple books.

Do Sanderson's Wheel of Time books have less mentions of bosoms, pony tail yanking, dress smoothing, and gender stereo types? And do they not build up a plot all through a book only to end the book with an out of no where fight with one of the Forsaken?

I haven't personally gotten to read Sanderson's entries yet, but I have a friend who is a certified Jordan addict and he's told me that most of the annoying long descriptions of how many petticoats women are wearing are pretty much gone. Sanderson seems to get to the heart of matters better than Jordan(although since he's using Jordan's notes, maybe he Jordan was just BSing us for 4 books to see how much he could milk it).

In any case, a lot of stuff that should have happened a while ago has happened according to my friend, so it might be worth giving it a look.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo