Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

37. Re: New SimCity Only Playable Online Mar 28, 2012, 13:06 Trevellian

Verno wrote on Mar 28, 2012, 12:55:
The way things are headed is subject to change all the time and it doesn't mean we throw away everything for the sake of doing so. It also doesn't mean consumers should accept dubious reasoning for every little thing the industry wants to do to supplement its bottom line. There is a very easy middle of the road solution that was skipped for the sake of platform control.

I unfortunately can't entirely argue with their methods when so many people do pirate games. Granted there are many factors like shoddy ports that have contributed to this. But game companies have also been making less money thanks to companies like Gamestop. It's definitely a vicious circle, which I honestly blame on the used game industry.

They lose money, that they can't put towards producing better games and having to take the safe route by only doing sequels on known IP's and not being able to take chances anymore. These games continue to lose quality because of it. Game prices get higher in the form of more and more DLC just to try and keep people from reselling games.

The only option they're really left with is the constant internet connection to keep people from pirating it at this point and even that doesn't always work and gets cracked.

Pretty much I blame Gamestop for everything.

But I'm not going to let something like a persistant internet connection stop me from playing SimCity when they're actually making that connection DO something. Instead of it just being a fuck you.

It would be a whole other thing if they made you be connected just to play and that was it. But they piggybacked a lot of features onto being connected to make it less of a kick in the balls. And people want to give them grief for that. At least that is how I look at it.

For the Republic
-C22 Waterson of Planetside 2

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo