Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

10. Re: Crowdsourced Hardcore Tactical Shooter Becomes TAKEDOWN Mar 27, 2012, 01:47 Cutter

Dmitri_M wrote on Mar 26, 2012, 22:08:
nin wrote on Mar 26, 2012, 21:57:
I don't see any mention of that (did a search)

From the kickstarter's page:

What will the $200,000 be used for?

$200,000 will bring TAKEDOWN to Alpha. Private investors are lined up, but unsure of the market for an old-school tac shooter. A successful Kickstarter campaign will convince them that this is a viable market. Along with their investment, pre-sales of the game (A $15 Kickstarter pledge is a significant discount on the final game price) will also contribute to completion of the project. Kickstarters will have access to a closed Alpha.

That's ridiculous. They want to crowdsource an AAA game? If that's the case the should be talking to a publisher because they're going to need a hell of a lot more money to produce that sort of game. Sounds like they want 200k to do a demo in hopes of securing funding. So money would be wasted on these clowns. Stay far away from them.

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo