Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

4. Re: Phantasy Star Online 2 This Summer? Mar 26, 2012, 23:46 Jivaro

Drezden wrote on Mar 26, 2012, 19:40:
I'm trying to grasp your comment.

How is it designed for console controls when the only platforms mentioned are:
Launching on PC first
Followed by Android/iOS released 6 months later
Followed by Vita released another 6 months later

And PC 2012, Vita 2013 are literally the only platforms announced. At least according to the games wiki.

It probably will be designed with a gamepad in mind. That really isn't a stretch given the series lineage and the Vita announcement. I mean, I certainly expect the Vita version to use the sticks and buttons mainly rather then depending on the touch screen, as the iOS version would obviously have to do.

That said, I don't have any idea why that would be a bad thing. DC Universe plays great with a gamepad, as does TERA. If the game sucks, well...I doubt whether or not it can use a controller will be the cause.

I am more mystified by the implication that there are somehow many console controller MMOs. Are there a bunch hiding somewhere that I have never heard of? I can think of like 7(?) MMOs that have support for controllers. I am sure there is more, but hardly a huge number.

This comment was edited on Mar 27, 2012, 01:23.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo