Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

16. Re: Prey 2 Cancellation Rumors Mar 24, 2012, 03:49 Jerykk

elefunk wrote on Mar 24, 2012, 02:48:
They're probably cancelling it for current consoles and pushing it as a 2013 release with new consoles. The game looked great, but there's probably a lot more work to do, so at this point if it'll take them another year to finish, it would make sense for them to ride the wave of a console launch (plus PC sales) rather than limit the game to horribly aging tech.

Although that would be nice, I seriously doubt that's the case here. Updating the game for next-gen consoles would require a significant amount of time and resources, as the engine and assets would all need to be upgraded and/or redone. Also, I wouldn't expect new consoles until at least 2014.

More realistically, Bethesda cancelled the game because it wasn't making the progress they wanted. Probably a few missed milestones and/or had disagreements on the game's direction. When someone refuses to give a comment, it almost always means "yes." After all, if the game wasn't cancelled, why wouldn't Bethesda just confirm the fact? They'd have no reason to hide the fact that a game they've already announced is still in development.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo