Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

151. Re: Mass Effect 3 Ending Changes Planned Mar 24, 2012, 00:32 finga

Stop thinking about future Mass Effect games as "ME4". It's a huge franchise now, and it could go in a million different directions by several different teams. What Casey Hudson said in an interview is simply what he's thinking right now, but after BioWare's ME team completes the DLC, gets that much-needed break from Commander Shepard (and maybe spends a few years on a new franchise), who knows what team or what project director be concepting out a future Mass Effect game. It might take place entirely on the Elcor homeworld. Or a thousand years in the past, or two thousand into the future. It might - get this - it might not even be an action/RPG.

And I disagree with the notion that to be a good RPG series, you have to tie up every loose end with a neat little bow. Some of the best storytelling, video game or not, comes with open-ended storylines and leads to huge fan speculation.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo