Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

27. Re: More on Guild Wars 2 Microtransactions Mar 22, 2012, 21:57 Endo

Prez wrote on Mar 22, 2012, 20:16:
What exactly did you expect? When have we ever had a real MMO that was truly free to play with nothing to pay for except the initial purchase price and nothing but fluff items in the cash shop? I have never seen such a game, and I would bet good money we never will. You can't compare this with the original GW because it's not the same kind of game.

Well, considering Guild Wars is as close to a MMO that I ever played, what else can I compare it to? I played Guild Wars from day one - when the cash shop appeared, I was pretty much done soon after. I suppose I didn't really expect anything different with the sequel, but it is becoming apparent that like Diablo 3, Guild Wars 2 is not for me. Cash Shops are a big reason why I despise MMO's; I was holding out hope Guild Wars would continue to be the "anti-MMO" MMO game. Alas, it's obviously not going to.
Ah, I see. Yeah I guess it's unfortunate for you, but you're not their target market for GW2. For myself, I was pretty stoked when I first read about GW2 5 years ago. But I also had a pretty good idea what it would be. Other things along the way in GW since then has made me a lot less impressed with ANet as a whole, so I'm not nearly as excited as I was back then. But, I'm guessing I'll still be buying the game. Just have to wait and see.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo