Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

24. Re: More on Guild Wars 2 Microtransactions Mar 22, 2012, 18:54 Endo

Prez wrote on Mar 22, 2012, 17:58:
Okay. I just heard everyone saying that the only thing the cash shop would be selling are vanity items. Knowing that the only way to get these items is to grind for them or pay cash for them makes the game less enticing to me, but we'll see.
What exactly did you expect? When have we ever had a real MMO that was truly free to play with nothing to pay for except the initial purchase price and nothing but fluff items in the cash shop? I have never seen such a game, and I would bet good money we never will. You can't compare this with the original GW because it's not the same kind of game.

Personally I am very happy with them going this direction because I would much rather spend money on a few essentials in a cash shop than pay a subscription fee. And I would much rather pay EITHER of the above than put up with another completely instanced game.

Also, Guild Wars isn't going away you know. If that's the kind of game you want, you can keep playing it. There's also plenty other games out there that are more similar to it than GW2 will be.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo