Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

13. Re: On Guild Wars 2 Microtransactions Mar 21, 2012, 11:58 Keilun

InBlack wrote on Mar 21, 2012, 11:16:
But they are still using the F2P model...

LoL guys, did any of you really, REALLY believe that they can keep an MMO the size and scope of GW2 running on the initial purchase price alone?? Well in theory maybe they could. Apparently it worked for GW1. Afaik the first was basically a slightly more expanded version of Diablo2. This second one is supposed to be a persistent world MMO right??

Its Microstransactions all the way to the bank for Arenanet. I dont understand the nerdrage, they gotta make the money somehow...

It's not exactly nerdrage. We're just correcting your usage of the term F2P. I'm perfectly fine with this approach. F2P is literally that, no cost to play. Games that follow the F2P model are League of Legends. You don't have to buy the game to play it.

GW2 is using the one-time purchase supplemented with microtransaction model. If you didn't have to purchase it up front, then yes it'd be the F2P model, but it isn't, so it's a regular game purchasing model with microtransactions which is basically how GW1 was and I thought it worked quite well. I'm fairly confident it will work well in GW2 too.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo