Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

28. Re: Blizzard: Some WoW Subs Lost to The Old Republic Mar 20, 2012, 14:35 Prez

As is always the case for me, even though I hate WoW (nothing personal; I hate all MMO's) I'm interested in seeing if the cultural phenomenon of something like WoW can be sustained into another iteration or if it was a one-shot "man, moment, machine"** kind of event. Of course WoW would lose more and more subscribers over time after reaching critical mass (which seems to have been ~12.4 million subs for WoW); the real test is when WoW2 is released.

** Based on the History Channel show, this is what I call a fortuitous joining of the right people making the right product at exactly the right time. It's success will spawn many copiers but none will ever entirely duplicate the success because the requisite conditions are not there. In music, The Beatles would be an example of this.

Goodbye my Monte boy. May you rest in the peace you never knew in life.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo