Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

47. Re: BioWare Mar 19, 2012, 13:51 LurkerLito

*IF* they really make an ending DLC it HAS to be free IMHO. If it isn't it sets a very bad precedence for future games. ABSOLUTELY NO GAME like this should ever be shipped without the "real" ending. Shipping one out like this below subpar one is not something anyone should encourage by spending money for proper DLC game endings.

ME3 plays great for most of the game, but it had 2 MAJOR flaws. First and foremost was the Ending. No need to rehash it but it is truly so bad that it quite literally ruins the entire trilogy of games. Sure the indoctrination theory some people seem to cling to is plausible, but that theory is completely shattered simply because of the cinematic shown afterwards. The second the reapers leave the planet in the blue ending completely disproves the indoctrination scenario because if Shepard was indoctrinated, then the Reapers would NOT leave, they'd continue on and destroy everyone as planned. (hidden spoilers).

The second most jarring thing was the completely miniscule number of squad choices you had. Not only that, one of the MOST IMPORTANT characters that IMHO should have been essential to the ME3 story was PAID DLC. WTF? I know if you paid the ridiculous $80 for the "more useless stuff" edition, you got it free. I did not since I bought the normal edition and I won't buy the DLC on principle. This DLC was not like the Zaeed character of the ME2 where if you have him or not it didn't add or remove to the overall story arc of the ME games. This DLC is a Prothean, a MAJOR species in the ME universe. This isn't some no named Human, Krogan, Quarian, Turian, or any of the other species, this was the one that has fought the full force of the Reapers before and has a significant impact to the ME3 story. This to me was the secondary slap in the face to the fans because Bioware/EA knew that if they just made James (the only other Squad member who could have been DLC), no one would buy it cause he'd be just like Zaeed, not essential to any part of the story.

I also want to say just one other thing about the final battle. Why did they not do something more like the ME2 final mission? This ending was so lazily done in comparison to ME2. Remember the ME2 collector ship mission if you don't, don't replay it cause it'll make you dislike ME3's final battle even more. In ME2 you took everyone with you to get to the end. You had to choose your team and you had to make some hard choices as to who would go through the heating tube to help you gain access to the room. You had to pick an second team leader to lead the other squad and again when they had to hold a room while you went off and battled the final room. These choices, and your interaction with each character determined losses to the secondary team and to the team you take with you to the end. If you chose badly, you had less to work with towards the end. All that disappeared in ME3 which is really just sad.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo