Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

7. Re: BioWare Mar 19, 2012, 10:20 Lokust

This is a dark game. I expected a dark ending. I expected many people, and likely Shepard, would die. However, there are many objective problems with the ending not fitting the series.

All of your little choices you made don't matter. Those choices mattering have been the hallmark of this 100+ hour trilogy.

The macguffin character that is introduced at the end totally shifts all paradigms about the outcome, and your character trusts them completely, for no apparent reason. (yes, indoctrination theory, blah blah, but you're told the reason another character couldn't make that choice is that they were indoctrinated, so I don't buy that)

Why did the Normandy retreat, and in some cases, pick up crew from the earth battle site first, to be in the position they were in? It could show crew surviving and healthy with the Normandy when they appeared to die few minutes earlier. If they didn't die, why didn't they follow you and help you?

The reapers were marginalized in the ending. Harbinger deserved more than a cameo.

I'm okay with the fact that every choice you are allowed to make is effectively mass genocide and the apocalyptic ending of the way of life as everyone knows it, but with the investment in many of these characters, not just Shepard, we should see more of how things turned out for them, and your choices made in the game should take that into account. Fallout 3 would be an example of how to do this.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo