Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

29. Re: EA/Bioware in Full PR Damage Control Mode Mar 18, 2012, 14:53 Creston

Bhruic wrote on Mar 18, 2012, 00:27:
I can't fire up my savegames right now because ME3 makes ME2 not run, but when you go back to the Citadel in ME2, after being resurrected by Cerberus, the entire Council is made up of humans. Not the Turian/Asari/Salarian threesome.

Miranda also states at the start of ME2 that after letting the council die, humanity is completely in charge.

I just played through it a few days ago. I assure you, that doesn't happen. You can create a "human only" council in ME1, but by ME2, it's already gone. As the wiki states about the ME2 intro:
If the Councilors are killed in Mass Effect, and replaced by an all-human Council, the following text is displayed:

“One month after the devastating geth attack on the Citadel, humanity seized political control of the galaxy.

Now the human-led Council is forced to respond to evidence that the Reapers

It's already "human-led" by this point, not "human only". From a gameplay perspective, there never is a period where humans are the only ones on the council.

That is so weird... I could have SWORN that you see a human-only council. I'm not kidding, the first time I played a "killed the council" Shep, there were three HUMAN councilors answering Anderson's call from his office (when Shep goes back to meet him for the first time.)

It's been a long time since I did that, so I guess maybe they patched that out of the game and changed it.

Weird. Well, anyway, I guess it doesn't really matter WHEN it's retconned.

Creston

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo