Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

46. Re: The Elder Scrolls MMOG Announcement in May? Mar 16, 2012, 16:13 Endo

venomhed wrote on Mar 16, 2012, 13:02:
Also this MMO could benefit greatly from the game Mount & Blade. Ditch the idea of "levels" where people become too powerful.

Imagine and MMO without levels, but maybe with skills? This would force people to stick and work together because someone that plays the game 1 year would be really good, but he could get ganked by 3-4 players that have just started the game the past week.

Don't think this is possible? Ultima Online was this way for about 6-9 months. At first it was chaos. You left a town, people would hide in the tree's and kick your ass in. Eventually mobs of real people would go out and murder the real bandits and hunt them down. It was incredibly tense and fun, people would help you, heal you etc. etc. The other aspect is that you ACTUALLY LOST THE ITEMS YOU HAD ON YOU! None of this zero death penalty. So when you got snuffed you could lose that sweet armor, weapon, gold, your horse. Made you think twice.

MMO's today are a friggin treadmill of grinding with no penalty for jack all. BORING

I would like to introduce you to a game I play called Eve Online. You may have heard of it. It usually has about 25-50 thousand people online at any given moment. It has all the features you mentioned in your post.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo