Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

53. Re: Mar 13, 2012, 00:04 Caslon

ItBurn wrote on Mar 12, 2012, 17:28:
Caslon wrote on Mar 12, 2012, 17:20:
Tumbler wrote on Mar 12, 2012, 16:49:
Crysis was spectacular when it was announced and when it shipped. (graphically) Since then you have not been spectacular.

Ummm, Crysis wasn't that spectacular. I can't remember much about it because it was that forgettable. Countless North Koreans taking a pee behind a tree and then suddenly popping out from behind it when you were near them is not my idea of great. The online play was a complete joke. The destructible terrain aspect was highly promoted but turned out to be nothing much at all. Some of the interiors of the huts were no better looking than the original Far Cry. All this while the game code taxed everyones new rigs they built just for this game. Crysis will be forgotten.

The online mode was far from a joke. It's pretty complex and interesting. It just couldn't compete with COD and Halo, like every other game.

The enemies can actually hear sounds, so it's absolutely normal for them to go towards it, even if a tree is in the way.

#1, I acknowledge the online play was never meant to be the games strong suit, but still...it was frustratingly rudimentary in hit detection and the lagged out play was horrible, on the lowest ping server.

#2. Yes the North Koreans could hear you approaching, but it got old playing among a forest of tall standing trees with a guy coming out from behind each tree, like they were all taking a leak. That got old.

The announcement by Crytek is laughable..."Spectacular". That adjective describes how pathetic the gaming world is now. I truly believe they meant that announcement as a joke. A satire/parody.

Spectacular...lol...Lean wid it.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo