Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

37. Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown Trailer Mar 6, 2012, 21:16 Prez

Wow, am I excited! As THE world's biggest X-Com fan, I give this project my full blessing!

My thoughts on the video

++++ Turn-based!!!! That is KEY. The original had tension you could cut with a knife- no other genre can rack your nerves like Turn-based games, and tell me you didn't jump when an interrupt plasma ball is fired out of the blackness as your soldier reaches the end of his action points!! X-Com was NEVER about action; it was about tension.

- Action points are out, which is cause for a bit of concern, but given the risk and reward type system of choices, the requisite tension in each move should still be intact

+++ Destructible Terrain. You could destroy EVERYTHING on a map in the original, and finally it seems that all-important, emergent, dynamic gameplay mechanic is being brought back. FINALLY.

+++It looks FANTASTIC.

- - "Cinematic"... I have come to hate that word in games.

Goodbye my Monte boy. May you rest in the peace you never knew in life.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo