Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

20. Re: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Cross-Platform Play Dropped Mar 6, 2012, 17:20 Razumen

Beamer wrote on Mar 6, 2012, 16:21:
Razumen wrote on Mar 6, 2012, 16:15:
Beamer wrote on Mar 6, 2012, 15:48:
Razumen wrote on Mar 6, 2012, 14:54:
Beamer wrote on Mar 6, 2012, 14:38:
Real question: who wants PC vs console gaming?

Anyone?

I'd think it'd would be cool, it would strengthen the community and the amount of playable servers. Unfortunately, MS and Sony basically kill the idea dead on arrival due to their lengthy and price certification process needed for updates.

Well, Xbox Live servers tend to do pretty well for most games, and Microsoft's decision not to allow a m+k is a smart one. Imagine how terrible games would be if you had a small fraction of players using the M+K.
Part of what people enjoy about consoles is that, by and large, everyone has the same equipment and the same setups. Most of the tweaking is taken out of the equation.

I imagine the games would be the same, different controllers don't impact on the quality of the game. sure, some gamers might become more skilled than others, but ranking and server settings could help that.

Anyways, developers should be allowed to support the kind of input devices they want to.

Wider skill ranges do impact the quality of the game. Ranking and servers only do so much as well. Do people really want exclusively ranked servers? Isn't that like playing Oblivion, where everything levels up with you? Or do you occasionally want to dominate and occasionally want to be pushed to your limits?

Regardless, imagine you have a system and it's set up as best you can and you feel you're very good at it. Then someone comes in with a different system, one that may not be feasible for you, and kicks your ass exclusively because he has that setup.
Would that be fun?

Not at all.

I don't see much problem with having the option. Purists or people that want to play mostly just for fun can use controllers, while those that want to go the more competitive route can play with a M+K.

Anyways, I've seen a lot of really good gamepad users, so I'm not 100% sure the gulf between the two is as great as some people say. What one uses to play is important, but skill ends up being the deciding factor.

Wouldn't pitting both types of gamers against each other help in your analogy?

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo