Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 6, 2012, 11:58 Alamar

kanniballl wrote on Mar 6, 2012, 10:30:
Verno wrote on Mar 6, 2012, 10:25:
The only reason Terra Nova even got a full season order with those production costs was Spielberg's backing. Very poorly executed show overall, I've rarely been so bored while watching something with so much potential.
It really did have potential, to the point where I can't see HOW they managed to screw it up. It had:
  • Time Travel

• Dinosaurs

• Conspiracy (people in the future want to do... something)

• Bad guys in the past

• Guy from Avatar (did a great job here)

• Guy from US-version of Life on Mars (also did a good job)

• Skye was alright (I remember her from "Kings")

• It had a lot of cool things going for it... and yet it just failed.

I blame part of it on dedicated too-much-time each weekend on the family-oriented stuff. I'm fine with SOME family stuff going on (keeps the main character grounded, shows what they're all fighting for) but it just seemed like too much. Add to that, the son was the worst character on TV in the past year (annoying + stupid + inconsistent).

Some people whined about the SFX, but considering it was a TV show it was alright. My only gripe was that "animated gif" of the large fish they showed... that was weak sauce. But besides that, even their worst effects were passable for TV.

I know NOTHING about this show, but based on your Life on Mars comment (and the list), it makes me think this is another copy of a good BBC show, that I can't remember the name of.... Primeval.. I think...

-Alamar

Subject

Optional
    Login Email   Password Remember Me
    If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
    Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo