Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

70. Re: Mass Effect 3 Leaked Mar 5, 2012, 17:13 eunichron

ASeven wrote on Mar 5, 2012, 16:53:
Ugh, one of the worse fallacies thrown around when discussing piracy, the torrent numbers. Those numbers are only using one tracker, take into no account private trackers and the lion's share of console piracy, black market sales on the street. If you ever go to some Asian countries you'll find dozens of people selling the latest pirated console games on the street for less than a dollar. And this is only the tip of the iceberg.

Many in the industry use those numbers as proof, unfortunately they only prove that at that specific tracker PC piracy is higher and that specific tracker doesn't even count to 5% of all world gaming piracy.

Eh? Bitgamer is one of the largest private trackers that only serves video games. If you look at TPB and Demonoid the numbers are similar.

And yes, I've been to a middle eastern country where you can buy pirated console games for $1 a disc at a kiosk on the street, but I'm pretty sure the industry has given up trying to control the overseas black market.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo