Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

9. Re: Tracing Rays Through the Cloud Mar 5, 2012, 10:55 Bhruic

I guess you don't get my point. They work on it from the wrong direction. They clone wolfenstein with a raytracer and try to get 60fps

I get your point, I just don't understand where your point is coming from. They didn't simply "clone wolfenstein". Each screenshot you see is clearly labeled as to what effect it is demonstrating (full sniper scope reflection in the first, glass refraction in the second, multiple simultaneous surveillance in the third, etc). The rest of the graphics have nothing to do with the ray tracing, they are there to have something there.

When they are done here they have wolfenstein running at 60fps - what they won't have, is an engine that *can* look like a frostbite 2 image given enough art-assets

Again, that would only matter if they are making an engine. They are making a proof of concept. They are demonstrating that this works. If it didn't work, it would be a waste of time to put all the effort into making an engine that uses it.

You are, to use the car analogy, complaining that they don't have the decals, spoiler and wax job done, when they are busy testing the engine to see if it'll turn over.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo