Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

5. Re: Crusader Kings II Postmortem; DLC Plans Mar 4, 2012, 02:15 Numinar

I had no problems with rebellion with my third and greatest ruler who held the throne from under a regency until he was 73 years old. He had 5 wives, 2 mistresses and 2 failed crusades under his belt along with the unification of Ireland. He also carried the nickname "Bewitched" and considered himself possessed for most of his life.

He could raise 3.5k men in a day and fought off the French and Scottish Kings, and even took an expeditionary force to Burgandy to help the duke win his independence. Everyone loved their delusional sex crazed king.

Problem was he had kids. Many, many kids. Under multiple wives. And as soon as he gave the 4 oldest their duchies they were at it. I tried to give my immediate heir the choicest plots, but he was not happy. He had to try to murder the juvenile sons of his brothers and half brothers. I tried to cool his heels in the slammer, perhaps I needed to do more. I've had 5 generations of this now. Constant assassination, murder, grandchildren marrying each other, revolts, poor levies. Taxation is going ok as I've upped my infrastructure in the home counties so I've been able to mercenary my way out of invasions and civil war but I yearn for that golden age where my biggest problem was figuring out what part of Europe I wanted to be king of next...

So yes, revolts are aggravating. But you probably have only your own poor parenting choices to blame.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo