Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

62. Re: Origin Auto-Adds Steam EA Games Feb 28, 2012, 14:32 Beelzebud

DarkCntry wrote on Feb 28, 2012, 14:24:
Beelzebud wrote on Feb 28, 2012, 14:11:
You honestly don't mind that EA scans the contents of your hard drive? Some of us don't like that at all, and look at it for exactly what it is: An invasion of privacy.

While not going to champion EA's actions, I will say that if you don't think just connecting to the Internet as an invasion of privacy, then you're just being funny...

When you buy an EA game, is it also okay for them to come in your house, while you're at work, and put all EA Games on their branded EA shelf? I think not.

I really hope this analogy was in jest and not fashioned to prove a point, otherwise you're just going to be slapped with a strawman label...

It's not a strawman. My PC is my private property. EA has no right to sniff the contents of my hard drive, so Origin does not get installed on my machine. And no, merely connecting to the internet is not an invasion of privacy. Speaking of strawmen...

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo