Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

13. Re: Unreal Engine 4 at GDC Feb 28, 2012, 00:40 Kitkoan

Dev wrote on Feb 28, 2012, 00:04:
Kitkoan wrote on Feb 27, 2012, 23:29:
Well if the Unreal Engine 3.5 demo of Samaritan is any indication, it could be quite the thing to see.
The most impressive thing is that that is NOT a pre-rendered cut scene. It was rendered in REAL TIME.

Only problem is good luck seeing any game running something like that. The demo ran a very large rig (I think I heard rumors it was done on a triple SLI GTX 560's (technically "off-the-shelf" like they claim, but who has that kinda power?) and it also ran at a speed of 2.5 teraflop, which is beyond what the XBox 720 is supposed to be able to do even (read more here).

A game like this would need a nice budget from a big company and they won't make a game that won't run on any console. So until they can fine tune the code to support the XBox 720/PS4 to make a game like this run on those, keep waiting. (I think it will take 2-3 years after release of those consoles at least until you start seeing this)

This comment was edited on Feb 28, 2012, 00:56.

*automatically refuses to place horse heads in anyone's bed*

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo