Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

40. Re: Mass Effect 3 = 40 Hours Feb 27, 2012, 21:09 Dev

Bhruic wrote on Feb 27, 2012, 21:03:
Why in the world would a publisher dictate that they control pricing instead of valve in JUST USA ONLY, and let valve do WTF ever they wanted internationally??

Ok, but do you really think that all of the indie devs that sell on Valve bother to personally set the price in every market? And that they have, for some reason, all decided to collude with the "major" publishers and charge more for their games in the UK and Australia? That seems so far-fetched that it's much easier to believe that Valve, through Steam, handles the price conversion in "foreign" markets.
I edited my comment before you posted with more info and evidence and examples.

Are you saying you accept that publishers set pricing on steam, so valve is only screwing over the indie devs with crazy pricing? Valve is pretty friendly to indies lol.

My GUESS is that valve suggests pricing in all markets to those that want it (such as indies), but they are free to pick whatever they want.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo