Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

42. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Patch Plans Feb 26, 2012, 22:41 eunichron

ColoradoHoudini wrote on Feb 26, 2012, 20:15:
Then the devs are severely missing the desires of a large part of their audience. TONS of players race to the top level, and want to see epic content and do epic things.. this is nothing new. More recently, there was Rift. It had zone events, expert rifts, raid rifts, Greenscale Raid.. world open pvp in a constantly contested zone, the various puzzles, a MUCH better AH that SWTOR, a much more varied skill tree. It had less money thrown at it than SWTOR.. yet I found myself playing Rift a TON more and for longer than I have SWTOR. I also believe that Rift introduced 1 and 2-man dungeons.. citing people not having anything to do at max level (raiding was out of their scope).. but they still wanted to play. What's there to do at 50 in SWTOR if I don't raid? umm.. world events? zone events? 1/2 man dungeons? There is PvP.. and it stinks for the most part.

Indeed. It is quite sad that Rift never really took off. I guess it's popular enough, but people put so much faith in WoW and SW IPs that they never stuck with it. Rift implemented some truly awesome mechanics. The only reason I quit playing was that I played a warrior, which suffers from some severe design issues, which at the time the devs refused to acknowledge or fix (AFAIK they still haven't fixed them, but I haven't played in several months), and I was just too lazy to level up another character to max level... although the other classes that I did play were very much enjoyable. I think it was a perfect example of a game not trying to break the mold, but offered enough to not be the same old trite formula.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo