Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

61. Re: Syndicate Solicits Pirates Feb 26, 2012, 21:44 eRe4s3r

Yeah but.. the impact from shooting 8 pixel large things and fully animated, voiced and pleading civvies in HD is a bit different. I realize they mean to put some kind of message out, but they glorify the murder in a bad way, the train the guy.. met, or Melt or whatever, shoots civilians left and right, and we have not even the option to oppose it.

There is just no way around it - this game has to compare to Deus EX HR, particularly as the setting is nearly 100% identical. DX HR actually wasted many opportunities to send a strong message and yet still had more substance than 50 Syndicate /Remake\ games combined.

And when a game has me follow some dude who constantly slaughters civilians the line to tasteless is crossed.

Syndicate goes for shock-effect with that. There is no message by saying "Times are different" we the players are in *this* time, and the player decides what are appropriate ROE's.

Its also funny that the game actually got denied classification in Germany for this particularly Issue and for once I actually agree with that. Doesn't happen often ;p The train murder scene has absolutely no reason to exist. Its just shock effect for the sake of it.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo