Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

16. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Patch Plans Feb 26, 2012, 15:06 Beelzebud

I also already hit burn out with this game.

Here is the problem (with MMO's in general). Beyond the setting, and story, there are no new ideas. Nothing brought to the table at all. You have WoW-style skill trees, you have dailies, warfronts (battleground), 4 man instances, and raids. It's all so cookie cutter. It's like MMO Paint by Numbers, these days.

Remember when MMO's used to actually come up with their own concepts? Now it's just 'copy the WoW formula and be done with it.'.

The one thing Swtor has that is original are the space shooter missions, but even those are uninspired. Here we have an MMO set in space, and the only space combat at all are just single player 'on-rails' shooting galleries. Where is the vision?

Oh and don't get me started on their customer support. It is non-existent. They outsourced all their support to a company in India, and most of the time when you actually get a response to a support ticket, it's in broken English, and has nothing to do with what your issue was. Their support staff has clearly never played the game, or possibly any games.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo