Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

98. Re: Diablo III Launch Date Announcement Nears Feb 24, 2012, 22:45 eRe4s3r

nin wrote on Feb 24, 2012, 21:56:
That's it exactly. I'd read years ago (which I could find it now) about how basically your best customers (and fans, in this case) become emotionally invested. And how, once things go south, they can also turn into your most vocal detractors.

Nexflix's implosion last year is a fine example of that too. People, myself included, used to love them. But once they felt like the company had strayed too far, the knives came out, and it got ugly in a hurry.

It is also pretty telling that most topics that reach many posts nowadays are about this exact issue. Maybe it just means the average poster here is old enough to actually have a considerable personal investment into certain companies and their games/on various platforms.

And it seems stuff like DRM, Ownership (Steam), DLC and DRM (Origin) as well as DRM (Diablo 3) and changing priorities of companies that go further and further apart from our own is always a hot topic.

The thing is, in the Internet age, 2000 disgrunteld customers can reach 2000000 customers and influence them. What were they called... ehm, opinion multiplicators ? Previously this was something only TV and Teachers were, but nowadays... things are different and can very quickly go into the ugly.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo