Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

41. Re: Diablo III Launch Date Announcement Nears Feb 24, 2012, 14:20 Keilun

Cutter wrote on Feb 24, 2012, 13:02:
I find it funny that some people have no problem with Blizzards always on DRM but never fail to castigate Ubisoft for it - and they've actually started backing away from it.

That would be because if you compare the uptime, Ubisoft is terrible. If you're going to put in DRM, at least let it work for your paying customers. I can't count the number of times that I simply couldn't play Splinter Cell Conviction or Settlers 7 due to their server downtime. And I'm not just talking about ANNOUNCED server downtime either... I recall I was locked out of Splinter Cell Conviction MP for 2-3 weeks at one point - unannounced.

Compare that to Blizzard's online track record... Yeah. Sure they had launch problems with WoW. That's an MMO though. So we only have SC2 to draw comparisons for and I have yet to have an issue with Bnet.

I'm not a fan of the always-on DRM, but so long as it's out of the way and adds some sort of visible benefit (it can be minute too) beyond just straight DRM, then I'm fine with it. I know a lot of people here who post aren't. To each his own.

But really let's not try and compare Ubisoft and Blizzard online DRM/services. The comparison is laughable.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo