Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

36. Re: Diablo III Launch Date Announcement Nears Feb 24, 2012, 13:56 Alamar

TurdFergasun wrote on Feb 24, 2012, 13:39:
i'd like to make an announcement that i've come to after much delibertaion: that is i've committed my full resources to broadening my game market, to possibly include thinking about an upcoming game from blizzard which may or may not be purchased at an as of yet, unknown timeframe which studies will show in a forward thinking approach to game purchasing that with due diligence and aggregated results which will generate a leading edge in the industry of choosing a game to possibly play at a synergistic moment in the future.

If I were a plus-one'r, I would so be doing that here...

Fion wrote on Feb 24, 2012, 13:11:
You click on a slot to see what skills you can put in there but it only shows the first few skills available and nothing else, so it's impossible to see what kind of stuff you'll unlock at later levels. It just needs a lot of work.

This is likely a design decision... The merit (pro) is that people don't get spammed with a ton of information early on, that doesn't matter early on...

For those of us that want all the data now, we have online resources...

And I'm not saying it's a good design... Just offering what I think the reason for it is, and why it's good (for some players). Personally, I hate it... I want to know, at level 1, what all the skills (and runes, that you also can't see until level 6 at all) available are, so I can get a feel for what a class will be like. And I'll admit that it's moot, because I'm enjoying the combat (and hopeful it really is more challenging - not just overpoweringly hard past normal, or even just later in the story), and played each class enough to enjoy it (love AOE), so will likely play them all at least to the end boss Diablo : )

I hate that it doesn't save my gameplay settings, so I have to re-enabled displaying numbers (another thing I like that their base demographic doesn't, but at least it's toggle'able, like peek-ahead-skill-view should be) and toggling item names (on the ground), but it saves the graphic options just fine... Guess I should be thankful for that ; )

-Alamar

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo