Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

22. Re: Terraria Grounded Feb 23, 2012, 18:17 Alamar

Verno wrote on Feb 23, 2012, 13:07:
Oh well, maybe next time. I would have loved to dive into modding for this game but I stay far away from anything without a rudimentary API.

What kind of modding (other than the maps mentioned below) are you referring to? I think it'd be cool if you could add new ores/biomes and of course, mobs, bosses, etc... But then that would only work for 'that' character, and would screw up multiplayer (and moreso competitive MP with people making their own uber gear).

After I got bored with the 'initial' game, I looked at some of the maps out there... Some of the adventure/survival ones are neat... I prefer them in some ways to the real game, because it's based more on challenge and progression than the luck of finding the right ore at the right time (so ta speak).

I did, however, after being more experienced with the game, start a fresh new character and large world, and play through without cheating (looking at a map). Some times sucked, like trying to find gold ore, with spelunker potions not being an option yet.

Anyhow, I am sad to see it go, but on the plus side, for me, this means no mobile Terraria, so less competition, woot : )

-Alamar

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo