Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

18. Re: Sins of a Dark Age Announced Feb 21, 2012, 22:12 eRe4s3r

Well all I can say is I will give it a chance... at least.. I will watch a youtube let's play of some matches... if theres a lull in game releases I care about^^

But you are fighting against preconceptions here, I haven't seen a single well-done F2P game, ever, at all times you will gravitate towards "won't affect gameplay" at first but in reality you want to earn money, and with that, paid for stuff has to be better/nicer than free stuff. Otherwise nobody would pay. Or it has to be grindy, otherwise those who would pay for "time saving" would not pay either, or it has to be a SEVERE limitation.. like the 30kb/s download limit on rapidshare (not a game, same principle), or the "no flying" thing in that comic hero f2p game.

I have played enough F2P games to know why I don't like them. And while I am sure you are putting effort into it becoming a good game. At the end of days you want to earn money, and that is what will always ruin F2P games sooner or later.

If you were to make a F2P game so that nobody would have to pay to have decent fun (or feel inferior because his units have a 32x32 texture and the paid textures are 1024x1024 ,p) then you wouldn't be making a profitable F2P game.

But negativity aside, so far the game is a mystery and has no shown gameplay whatsoever.. so the F2P aspect is all we can argue about anyway.

You are getting good Karma points for posting on bluesnews though But alas, hardcore gamers might not be your target audience with this game.. but who knows ^^

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo