Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

20. Re: Ships Ahoy - PC Alan Wake Feb 17, 2012, 00:55 LittleMe

ASeven wrote on Feb 16, 2012, 23:34:
LittleMe wrote on Feb 16, 2012, 22:01:
This is so much better than the FEAR games were for me. What was that other indie spook game that came out about a year ago? Not as good as this.

Disagree completely. Amnesia is head and shoulders above this. I played Alan Wake on the xbox and though it was a fun little horror game no way it came close to the immersion and sheer terror of Amnesia.

Maybe you're right but I don't see it. Amnesia screamed low budget to me. AW has very, very nice outdoor areas. Even the indoor areas have lots of attention to detail. The acting is vastly better. The story is told far better. Production values are far beyond Amnesia. Maybe my expectations were low with AW, and too high with Amnesia.

With Amnesia, I think i got a a couple hours beyond the ghost splashing in the flooded basement. It just didn't grab me. Some areas had 1998 graphics, too. When Amnesia's story was supposed to be at the forefront, it felt like I got a "BOO! mysterious cliffhanger!" instead of story. I remember the ghost in the hole in the wall coming across as very b movie. You sure you aren't still wearing your beer goggles?

edit: sure ADD may be more scary. AW isn't that scary. But IMO it's a better game.

Perpetual debt is slavery.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo