Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 15, 2012, 11:05 nin

Wasn't going to cross this bridge until father's day, but since you brought it up...

Lost my father the second week in December. He would have been 70 last month. We weren't overly close (we'd talk or see each other a few times a year), but in hindsight there's still a lot of things I wish I could talk to him about.

I know this sounds really stupid, but even though I've been to my share of funerals, somehow my parents always seemed invincible. They're been with you from the beginning of your life, as far back as you can remember. And even though we should have talked more, I always knew he was just a phone call away. And to suddenly not have that net of security seems really scary now, like the world changed overnight. It reminds me of my own mortality, and how time stops for no one.

So yeah, pick up the phone. You'll be glad you did later. My father and I both should have done it more.

edit: Obviously my thoughts go out to you as well, Blue.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo