Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

17. Re: Obsidian Considering a Kickstart Feb 13, 2012, 23:02 Yifes

commonperson wrote on Feb 13, 2012, 22:35:
Here's the thing, Double Fine has a mis-start or two (Brutal Legend which I enjoyed but wasn't a big success) but is a fan favorite (Psychonauts, Grim Fandango, etc.) while Obsidian has a history of flops and unfinished products. Their last project Alpha Protocol started okay and then just trailed in to a train wreck which by the end was so broken it made no sense. Never Winter Nights 2 and it's add on had broken stories even KOTOR 2 was broken and took a fan patch to fix. I'll kick in for a company where I feel there's a good chance of my contribution creating something great I'm not going to kick in for a company where SEGA are so scared of their last product they pushed it back because it was just too broken.

Technically Double Fine didn't make Grim Fandango, or any of Schafer's classic adventure games. If you're going to give Double Fine credit to Schafer's classics, then you need to give Obsidian credit for Urquhart, Avellone and company's classics too, which includes the likes of Icewind Dale, Fallout, and PS: Torment. Now that's an amazing track record, as fine as you can get in the industry.

Not to mention that New Vegas was fantastic, whereas Schafer's latest work has been lacking.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo