Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

9. Re: Game Reviews Feb 13, 2012, 16:49 FalconerHG

Prez wrote on Feb 13, 2012, 14:05:
First off, I was bashing the devs, not your review, which was pretty good. Second, I understand that Turn-based games may be out of fashion with the bean counters, but if bean counters ran the world we wouldn't have ever gotten Simcity or Civilization, so I can't for the life of me understand why people are okay with them running the games industry. I also don't get all the excuses for the co-opting of once great turn-based franchises like X-Com and JA. You want to make a FPS with aliens? Fine - just don't call it X-Com. Don't even TRY to pass this game off as Jagged Alliance, because it's not. Had it just been called "Back in Action" and refered to as a "spiritual successor" to JA, the whole shitstorm could have been avoided.

As it is, I hope the game they call a remake and then raped the core mechanics out of, that IS NOT A GODDAMNED JAGGED ALLIANCE REMAKE, fails miserably.

I didn't think you were bashing my review, glad to read you liked it though.

I totally agree with you. I absolutely love TB games and they are consistently the games I play for years on end. And yep, Xcom FPS made me angry and I'm glad Firaxis is working on a REAL Xcom (at least it looks that way).

I do feel BiA is a remake though, it is far more similar to the original JA2 than it is different. There is good reason to believe the Currie's would have made the franchise real time at some point too. (and even if they had, I'd still have preferred it TB hehe)

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo