Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 10, 2012, 11:45 DNForever

This happens to me too but not to that extent. I have 2 large burners, one medium and a small. The large ones get pretty hot unless it's all the way down. So I usually use the medium which is easier to control. Making stew/chili in the oven (if you have a pot that can go in there) doesn't produce as much of an appetizing smell, but you can have definite temp. control. I resumed my failed stew from yesterday at 325F for a few hours and it was great.

Yeah I remember ruining that chili recipe the one time I tried it... burned a bunch of meat to the bottom of the pot (end result tasted not unlike that of chewing on cigarette butts). How the fuck the "2" setting on the burner managed that I have no idea. If two out of ten isn't low heat I don't know what is.

This comment was edited on Feb 10, 2012, 12:11.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo