Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

93. Re: Tribes Ascend Changes Feb 3, 2012, 19:41 Overon

Crustacean Soup wrote on Feb 3, 2012, 19:15:
Overon wrote on Feb 3, 2012, 14:35:
Jerykk I would argue that the advantage you speak of is minor. Some people have huge monitors or multiple monitors and tribes 2 ascend lets you set your own FOV by actually typing the number of your FOV desired into the gui. You can say that someone with multiple huge monitors or a faster PC has an advantage and I would agree with you. But I really think the advantage of some of those upgrades is a minor advantage that I'm willing to live with.
The advantage is nowhere near inconsequential, especially since the patch. It's not enough that I'm not enjoying the game, but try to tell me that pathfinder's upgrades aren't a pretty noticeable advantage:

Crustacean Soup wrote on Feb 3, 2012, 02:39:
Armor: -25% regeneration delay, +10 energy, +25% health regen, +100 health, -10% mass

Epack: +6% energy recharge, x3

Nitrons: +2 nitrons (bringing the total to 3), +25% radius

It's a hell of a lot harder to outrun me without these upgrades. -10% mass means that disc jumping is more effective and I can accelerate more quickly, and +18% energy recharge is nothing to sneeze at. And 2 extra, better nitrons? Huge pain for any capper I'm chasing.
Are you sure you are not cherry picking? What about all the other uprgrades that are not pathfinder? You do have a point with the pathfinder.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo