Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

15. Re: Thief Gold Steals Its Way Onto GOG.com Jan 31, 2012, 14:10 Ratty

Bill Borre wrote on Jan 31, 2012, 12:57:
Return to the Cathedral scared the shit out of me. One of the few moments in any game where I was genuinely frightened.
Heh. Games don't scare me. but I do remember one very tense moment where I had to pick a lock under a bright glowing street light right by where a zombie was making his shambling patrol and I had to be very quick before he turned around and saw me. No shadows to hide me there and, yeah, I guess it made me a teensy bit scared.

Another great thing I liked in that level was the opportunity to pit the living against the undead since they hated each other. Tease a horde of zombies into chasing after you right into a group of spiders and burricks, jump out of the way and watch the mayhem unfold. I've always been partial to mayhem by proxy and wish more games would incorporate it.

I am reminded of this because I was playing Skyrim last night and there is one quest where you have to kill the Silver Hand. On the way in you find a werewolf locked in a cage and I tried repeatedly to release him and get him to attack his Silver Hand tormentors but instead he kept getting into a fight with Vilkas (who I could not leave behind out of the way somewhere). It was kind of disappointing I couldn't make it work and I remembered Return to the Cathedral. Those guys were great at giving you what you wanted.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo