Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

14. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 30, 2012, 16:46 Verno

Really? I've never once been ripped off by Gamestop. Hell, I'm thankful they exist. No one, NO ONE, else is offering me a red cent for these used games doing nothing but cluttering up my shelves. Not one penny. But Gamestop does. I'm quite surprised sometimes by how much they do offer me for the games I bring in since, with so little competition, I'd probably accept far less.

Also, where else can I go and buy a console game (used but still "like" new) and then return it for full price if I play it for an hour and hate it? Hmmm?

The bitching and moaning about Gamestop is tedious. Gamestop is a fantastic example of a market at work. If there was more competition, then the prices they pay for used games would be higher, but don't blame Gamestop for that. There's no competition because the media companies are so close to their wet dream of us "leasing" instead of "owning" our games and no one wants to enter a market that may disappear at the drop of a hat.

I agree with some of what you said but just FYI there is competition now (Amazon, Best Buy, Wal-Mart, Toys R Us and etc are all into used games these days) but not on every street corner like Gamestop is so they don't provide much pressure to get Gamestop to be more competitive with its prices. Still as you said something is better than nothing, particularly for a shitty game.

Gamestop has some very scummy employment practices but that's neither here nor there.

Playing: Alien Isolation, 7 Days to Die, Dragon Age Origins
Watching: The Canal, Brazil, The Town That Dreaded Sundown

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo