Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

91. Re: etc. Jan 30, 2012, 00:48 Draugr

RailWizard wrote on Jan 29, 2012, 23:41:
Mostly this means contributions to technology, but also religion is big factor as well. Remember, I am not religious despite this. When it comes down to it, black people have not contributed anything to society.

In any case, why shouldn't white people have a "White Pride" time set aside? Is there another, of course this encompasses a great many races, race that deserves it more? Others may have invented some of the tech we now hold for granted, but it was white people that put it to work and created the nations you now take for granted. I am not saying I want to see a "white pride day" happen, I am just saying I see the fallacy in "black pride day". If you do not, then once again, keep drinking that kool-aid.

You are no different than those who deny that we landed on the moon. Rabid narcissism, irrational stately obedience, reckless demonisation. These are your tools, not mine. Enjoy them while they last.

Wow. Getting off topic much? how did this become a discussion of black history month? Since you've shown your 'true colors' I'll indulge myself by responding, despite the fact that bigotry plays a major role in your life.
It's funny how you tried to set the bar of what 'contributions to society' means, and you still are wrong. Black people have contributed much to society(which you define contributions as either technology or religion), starting with...the dawn of mankind. Stone ax? That's technological advancement.
We can get closer to our time, since you might want to pretend that it doesn't count as technology. How about looking at Lewis Howard Latimer. You've seen an incandescent lightbulb; Edison invented it, What Latimer improved upon is what gives you the lightbulb in its current form, essentialy. We could get even more recent if we wanted to, but If you want to see them just follow the link, no reason to clutter this space with more off topic info. Just because you can't think of it doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Here is a whole list of African/black people, in general and specific people, contributions to Science, Medicine, and Technology, From the past and present day.
http://www.pps.k12.or.us/depts-c/mc-me/be-af-sc.pdf

I guess there isn't much more to say, this isn't really on topic and I don't feel like filling up this space with more off topic stuff. Someone might actually want to contribute something to the discussion instead of just insulting people who disagree with them, and thanks for pouring in your racism, it helps show how backwards your positions are.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo