Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

38. Re: The Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition in April Jan 28, 2012, 15:41 Jerykk

And to suggest it's a console port for not including 'numerical bindings' for dialogue is bollocks; games stopped doing that because it looks shit and breaks immersion.

What? How exactly does that break immersion? You still see text floating on the screen. Adding a number in front of each line doesn't make any difference in terms of immersion. It just makes a difference in terms of usability. The reason most RPGs stopped doing it is because most RPGs are designed for consoles these days and consoles don't have number keys. Recent RPGs designed specifically for the PC (like the original Witcher and Divinity 2) had numerical bindings for dialogue options.

As I mentioned before, Witcher 2 was clearly designed with a future console port in mind. That doesn't make it a bad game. I thought it was a great game. But if you really can't see the console-centric design choices in the UI and combat, you must be in denial.

This comment was edited on Jan 28, 2012, 15:53.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo