Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

78. Re: THQ Refocuses - Open Letter Jan 26, 2012, 09:45 RollinThundr

Prez wrote on Jan 26, 2012, 07:58:
The fact of the matter is that such a sweeping change as a fundamnental shift from capitalism to something else is never going to happen until such time as the current system utterly collapses and we start over with something else. And I sincerely hope that never happens. Given that, whether you think capitalism is the greatest thing since sliced bread or is pure vileness is almost irrelevent to any practical discussion. As Americans, our only real, practical option is trying to fix what we have.

The major hesitation I have is always when people start talking about forcing "rich people" to pay their "fair share". Who defines "rich", and who gets to decide what a "fair share". I've noticed that people have wildly varying definitions of what constitutes "rich". Okay, we can defintiely agree that the CEO of Mobile Exxon is rich. But any legislation that forces him to pay "his fair share" will also end up affecting the small business owner, someone who more often than not is far from rich. In turn the economy as a whole suffers. I don't claim that the Republicans have close to the right of the economic issues, but what always just makes me crazy is how Democrats, in their haste to attack the rich, fail to see that their vindictive policies end up hurting the middle class.

Make no mistake - a war on the rich IS an attack on the middle class. The question people need to ask before calling for more "taxes on the rich" should be: Is trying to knock down the Fat Cats a peg or three worth further pain to the middle class? Any sweeping changes to our system should only come after long deliberation on how they could hurt the middle class.

All my opinion of course.

Change the tax codes so everyone pays a flat 18% Across the board. That's fair isn't it? Democrats talk about fairness all the time. Everyone paying the same sounds fair to me.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo