Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

37. Re: THQ Refocuses - Open Letter Jan 25, 2012, 14:28 Wowbagger_TIP

Matshock wrote on Jan 25, 2012, 13:31:
The generic term "change" is almost always used to describe some form of increased government control re: corporate management today. I'm not going to pretend this isn't the case to satisfy people playing obvious semantic games who are ignorant enough to think they're being coy.

The problem is not capitalism, if it were capitalism then you'd be working 90 hours a week and living in a company dorm like they do in China. Your quality of life would also be slowly improving instead of decaying.

I know most of you aren't doing that because the Frisbee golf course near my house is heavily populated by 20-30 somethings all day every day who are collecting 99+ weeks of unemployment checks.
Spoken like a true ideologue. As if you actually know the situation of all those people. You simply assume whatever suits your argument. You may be right for some, but you really don't know or care to find out.

The unvarnished truth is:

What you're suffering under now is fascism- the real meaning of the term is federally controlled capitalism as coined by Mussolini. Corporations and .gov are working together to screw you over.

The tall wall of separation many people see between their favorite politician and the corporation they hate doesn't exist. The Emperor Has No Clothes.
What arguments have you been listening to? Who, exactly, thinks there's any wall between corporations and government? It's a revolving door! The reason the most wealthy in America have been doing just fantastic while wages and services for everyone else have been stagnant or dropping is that they have lobbyists and a direct line to the legislators. The rest of the population has neither, and has been cleverly distracted from what's really going on by all the bullshit hot-button issues that the legislators pretend to give a shit about. You think Gingrich really cares about the sanctity of marriage? Really?

Now if accountability (punishment) is what you want- either full blown capitalism or communism will do equally well, either way a small group of the most ruthless will eliminate their competitors, they still won't give a damn about workers but you'll get to see plenty of suffering at high levels.

Don't ask me how to really fix it unless you want a bunch of Jesus.
I have no idea what "a bunch of Jesus" would do for us. We've got Jesus coming out our ears in this country, and everyone still does whatever the hell they want and just rationalizes it anyway. What I want is not full-blown capitalism or communism. We aren't shooting for Lord of the Flies here. We're trying to create something that allows everyone to have opportunity to succeed and be comfortable in their life, but not one that just hands you whatever you want. The problem is that the system has been massively rigged by those with the influence (read: money) to do so. This needs to be rectified, but it probably won't be unless people stop bullshitting themselves that the current system is even remotely fair, and stop focusing on the shiny issues they hold up to keep everyone distracted as the wealth of the country flows steadily to the handful at the top.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo