Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

25. Re: THQ Refocuses - Open Letter Jan 25, 2012, 11:39 Wowbagger_TIP

Matshock wrote on Jan 25, 2012, 11:13:
BTW if THQ was nationalized in the interest of "economic justice" then they would still have screwed up. The difference is that that a nationalized company would be bailed out using money you're on the hook for. They would also never get better because there are no incentives to.
While I didn't see any mention of nationalization as an option in the post you were responding to, I think you put your finger on the issue here. One that's all too common in many businesses today. The top management is so ridiculously overpaid, and their pay is so disconnected from performance, that there is no effective accountability for failure, and therefore little incentive to get things right. They usually make out like bandits either way, and just blame other factors for the failure. A CEO can nosedive a company straight into the ground and still walk away with tens of millions in compensation.

Matshock wrote on Jan 25, 2012, 11:13:
PS if you ever lose your job because you screwed up can we take away all your property in order to punish you?
No, but I can't live off of my annual salary for the rest of my life either. I could easily do so with what one of these CEOs makes, even if I didn't feel like ever working again. Hell, I'll run your company into the ground for half of what you'd pay one of those fancy CEOs!

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo