Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

16. Re: Space Quest 2 Remake Jan 23, 2012, 19:53 SomeNewKid

nin wrote on Jan 23, 2012, 19:16:
Where did you install it to? I don't see any mention of it in the SQ2 forums on their site, so your issue may be unique. I'd shoot them a mail if I were you...

I installed the game to "\Program Files\Space Quest 2" rather than the default of "\Program Files\Infamous Adventures\Space Quest 2". Even though the installation directory is slightly different, it is still within the expected \Program Files directory, and the installer should record the installation directory.

I know that uninstallers will often remove 'shared' files that were added to other directories, but I could see the uninstaller deleting files that could not possibly be utilized by Space Quest 2, including Left 4 Dead 2 files, Visual Studio files, Adobe Creative Suite files, and others that I've forgotten in my panic.

I was hesitant to post the warning because, as you noted, it may be unique to my computer's configuration. However, the sheer number of "other" files that were deleted was enough to prompt my warning. Moreover, no casual game is worth the risk of corrupting applications like Visual Studio and Adobe Creative Suite. I will indeed send Infamous Adventures an email about my experience.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo