Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

39. Re: The Old Republic Cancellation Issues; Trailer Jan 19, 2012, 17:20 Pyloff

Drezden wrote on Jan 19, 2012, 17:09:
They weren't ready for the sheer numbers of people who were interested in the game, and took no measures to prevent hordes of people from sending servers offline for days at a time. Can't say I've seen one worse.

It actually wasn't that bad. The first day or two they had massive queues and they made new servers on day 3 IIRC. Everyone had a fit because they couldn't play on the server they wanted instead of moving. So the queues continued and everyone who was smart picked a new server.

I haven't tried this MMO; Darkfall ruined the genre for me. However, I might check out the forums to watch the rage build. It is always good for a laugh to see the same people who cycle through every MMO on the forums complaining incessantly. I've found a large portion of the MMO players devote every spare hour to racing to the level cap and alternately bellyaching on any outlet they can find. What is it about these type of games that cause people to get so heated and emotional about? I admit I've fallen victim to it a few times, mostly I've been a fly on the wall.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo